Welcome to 2018, and its that time again.. Trade Shows are creeping up upon us.
The most important part of any trade show or business event is how your staff presents themselves to potential buyers. The below list of etiquette tips for trade shows and other business events are easy and effective in portraying the proper image for your business.
- Use approachable body language by standing in front of your booth, smiling, and keeping your hands at your sides that will give a welcoming feeling to those approaching. Do not put your hands in your pockets or fold them at your chest.
- Provide adequate staffing, so the booth is covered during lunch and other breaks, without overwhelming the booth space with employees. Not enough staff is just as bad as too many staff in a booth.
- Stay attentive. Don’t chat with coworkers or look on your phone or laptop. Be ready and willing to engage with those walking by.
- Don’t solicit guests in the aisles. Let them show interest by arriving at your booth.
- Be prepared to answer basic questions or know where to obtain more information if necessary.
- Don’t eat or drink at the booth. Hide snacks, trash, and supplies behind a backdrop or under a skirted table. This will keep the booth looking clean and proper.
- Dress appropriately, and avoid wearing too much or too little. There is nothing worse than freezing or sweating at a networking event. Dress in comfortable layers that you can easily add or remove as needed, such as a suit jacket over a dress shirt.
- Be cognizant of your personal hygiene. Use mints or gum to keep your breath fresh. Skip the cologne. Fragrances should be alluring, not overpowering. If you can smell perfume or cologne, within talking distance, it is too strong.
- Avoid gaudy jewelry. You want to be remembered for your personality or impressive product knowledge, not your giant dangling earrings or over-jeweled hands.
- Have some really great supplemental marketing materials that potential buyers can take with them and will remember your booth.
The MGS team has been crafting brochures and creating supplemental marketing materials for trade shows for over 15 years. Let our creative team show you our some great ideas helping your company get noticed and remembered! Give us a call or visit us online today.
Until Next time… Stay Creative.