Back again touching on the Benefits of Large Format Printing:
Custom Finishes: Irrespective of whether printing is to be done on tiles, canvas, or plastic, it is possible to select a finish that matches your requirements. If required for outdoor use, large format prints can be done as mounted or laminated option. Similarly, if building sized graphics is required then the printing company can tile print and meld to create the final graphics.
Different Materials: Apart from soft plastic and paper, it is possible to print on leather and fabrics. In addition, large format printers can print on metal, tiles, or wood. It is also possible to print on glass so that it looks as if the image is engraved on it.
Flexibility and Diversified Applications: Popularity of large format printing stems from the fact that it is a very flexible printing option and lets you choose from different substrates to print on. It can be a small ID badge for a conference or a building signage, the options you can select from are limitless.
Unique Features:Large format printers are able to combine RGB inks with the CMYK inks to provide richer and deeper colors and offer photo-realistic imagery, commonly seen on a computer or television screen. These printers are capable to printing as well as cutting batches of customized die-cut pieces, offering economies of scale. Additionally, the printing company can print using different weatherproof coatings, solutions, and substrates that are designed to provide rugged durability.
Conventional printers usually print on rolls of paper or individual sheets while large format printers are capable of handling giant rolls of different materials. Moreover, these printers are able to print directly over hard plastic, tile, wood, and similar other rigid substrates.
Different Substrates: There are different substrates that you can choose from. Let us look at few of the common ones here.
- Acrylic: Benefit of printing on acrylic is that it provides your imagery great optical depth and luminance. Since it is a light material, mounting or hanging it is very easy. It is the ideal substrate if you are looking for lightbox applications, photographic images, or quality signage.
- Coroplast: Coroplast is a corrugated plastic that is produced using polypropylene sheet and is a very lightweight material. It is also weather resistant and waterproof, making it an ideal option for both outdoor and indoor use.
- Dibond: This substrate consists of aluminum facers on all sides with a plastic core. Important features of dibond are that it is a maintenance free, smooth, and long-lasting material. It is possible to utilize both aluminum faces for printing and offers excellent resilience to nature’s elements. Thus, it is the right option if you are outdoor or indoor mounting applications.
- Foamcore: Foam board or foamcore is very lightweight and considered right solution for indoor signage. Moreover, it is quite rigid and can be easily mounted on any type of wall.
- Removal Vinyl: This type of vinyl material has a removable adhesive backing, making it suitable to interior applications. Removable adhesive means that the material can be easily removed without leaving any residue.
Need help picking the right material for you project? Let the MGS Team guide you in the right direction. From Design to Print to Install, our team would be glad to help.
Until Next time. Stay Creative!